Listen to mommyuv6s playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Nobody said this was going to be easy.....

Life with Teenagers is anything but easy especially 3 female teens...I have read all of these books from the time I was pregnant on pregnancy then it was on the toddler years I then started reading on the toddler years and discipline...a few years back my mom sent me some from zondervan that focused on the teen years and guiding your children but I never would've imagined it would be this hard...and Maybe it's because I have 3 all at the same time...OY!!!! I have shed more tears these past few months to create a river...but I am giving it all to god...I know he is the one who can lead me to be the best parent I can be...They may not like what I have to say now, they may not like the rules I am setting, the chores they are assigned and it's sad that I am going to have to wait about 15 more years for them to see the good that I am doing for them...but I know it is all for the best...I want what is best for my children...it is what I decided 17 years ago when I chose to have my first child is to stay home with them and be the best mom that god will allow me to be....I know it's not an easy task I am not saying it is...I remember my teenage years and what my mom and I had to deal with and I commend her for a Job well done...she shaped me to be the mom I am today and has given me the tools I have to be a great parent to my children....with mothers day approaching I feel great pride in being a mom I wouldn't trade my job for anything in the world...not even on one of the worst days when all six are attacking....I am thankful that I have god on my side to guide me in my ways and I know that I will become a stronger parent, I may not have all the answers we will learn together along the way....

It really saddens me lately in the news when I read storys of people who are hurting their children on purpose...there is no reason on this earth to harm a child....yes they make mistakes we all do we are not perfect but that is why there is grace....I will be praying each and everyday for those hurting ones and for the ones behind it hoping that change can be made....no child should have to live like that....how can you look in these eyes and harm her?? I have made a choice and that was to be a parent and by golly I will be the best one I can be even with tears streaming down my face...











1 comment:

The Drama Mama said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm another VA mommy, only a few hours away from where you live. I don't have a teenager yet, but I have a preteen, and I'm already scared!