Listen to mommyuv6s playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

a wide array of challenges at the table...

Well just when I was getting excited about this new cook book I had...(Flat Belly Diet) I had been preparing meals from this book for almost 4 weeks now and the only one I was hearing complaints from was Pation which wasn't a problem to me as lately his tastebuds seem to have an issue with everything I cook...so we usually have him eat at least half of his meal at least since we know about 3 mo. ago he was eating these foods...well back to dinner tonight...I was so excited!!! I was making Scallops with Avacado kiwi salsa....and we had a side of brown rice...( I would have chosen just a side of spring salad mix with a light salad dressing but that is just me) so I look over at Mackenzie's plate and she has all of her scallops pushed to the side of her plate and claims that she is allergic to them...SINCE WHEN??? I am her mother you think I would know this??? so we told her she didn't have to eat them if she didn't want to well that upset karlee who said " I didn't like last nights meal but I ate it why doesn't she have to?" that opened a whole can of worms....she continued to tell me that my avacado mush from last night was bland...LOL good thing I didn't use her as my food critic...LOL
Seriously in all I have had two meals fail on me and that was because I used rice noodles in one meal and they didn't cook right and the other one was a noodle issue as well...besides that all has gone well...I just don't want to have to cook many different meals to please 8 different taste buds...UGH!!!! I thought this would work it has lots of fresh foods, veggies and fruits and fresh tastes.....I will continue with what is on the menu for the week and see how it goes.....to be continued.....

1 comment:

Aunt Suz said...

Hey .. got to love them! I am still giggling. On the story of different tastes. Years ago when Papa John (my dad) would go to get take out. He would have to go to Taco Bell for Sarah and Mom. Long John Silvers for Chicken for me... and the Monerey House ... a wonderful Mexican food place for him. I could only imagine .. yours and shons .. delima .. if each of them had to have something different.